Interested in joining our team?
2020 Servo Research and Development Paid Internship
Description: Pangolin Laser Systems, headquartered in Sanford, Florida, is offering a research and development paid internship for 2019 (winter, spring, summer and fall programs are available).
Our ScannerMAX division produces some of the highest-performance laser-scanning motors (galvanometers) in the world, and we are looking for individuals who are presently pursuing a PhD, with a strong background in servo control systems, to work on expanding the capabilities our existing line of digital servo drivers. The resulting research and development may become a part of our existing product line and may also be the basis of a theses or other published work. Full-time work opportunities are available after the internship is completed.
You will work alongside the company president as well as some of the most renowned software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in the laser industry. The position offers an hourly wage as well as room and board, use of the company vehicle, and paid travel from and to your country or state of origin.
Orlando could legitimately be called “the laser capital of the world” with optics-related programs at University of Central Florida (currently the second-largest university in the United States) as well as an abundance of optics and laser-related manufacturers in this area. Orlando also offers great weather all year long and has endless swimming, biking and fishing opportunities.
- Pursuing a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with algorithm development in C, Matlab, or other programming languages.
- Experience with digital State Space, LQR, H-infinity and other types of servo control systems.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processors, including those from TI and Analog Devices.
- Enthusiasm for servo control systems and solving challenging problems.
- Pangolin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required, as long as you are legally able to work in the United States.
- If you live outside of the Orlando area, Pangolin pays for air travel in both directions as well as lodging accommodations for the entire length of the internship.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest to:
Pangolin Laser Systems, Inc. is a multi-national company with offices in the USA, Central Europe, and Mainland China. Since 1986 Pangolin has attained more than 50,000 clients that use our software and related control hardware in the laser scanning and projection industries.
In 2012 Pangolin launched the ScannerMAX division – dedicated to producing laser scanners based on a completely different operational techniques than were previously used. The result is three separate lines of laser scanners, which collectively offer the lowest-cost, lightest weight, greatest versatility and highest RMS performance in the industry.
Products made by Pangolin and its divisions have been granted dozens of patents, and have won more than 25 international awards for technical achievement and product quality. These products are used by many of the world’s best-known brands, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox, Dreamworks Pictures, Boeing, Lawrence Livermore Labs, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Thor Labs, OSRAM, Motorola, T-Mobile and many others.